Wednesday 29 December 2010

Q&A Ellie B



When were you happiest?
When I finished my first year of teaching - I was exhausted but so very happy

What is your greatest fear?
I am scared of spiders but I truly fear being seriously injured and alone (how pleasant)

What is your earliest memory?
Either swimming in a lake full of tadpoles in Austria or running down a hill into a cow pat

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Greed


What is the trait you most deplore in others?
It's not really a trait but I really hate it when someone implies something and then some moron then says "yeah" and explains it - I know, I got the subtle suggested bit"!

Aside from property, what's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
In terms of an individual item, probably my laptop and that was only £500

What is your most treasured possession?
Morris and Mabel (kitties) I also have an old Mrs Beeton cookbook from my Grandma who is a little batty now, so I like having that

What would your superpower be?
Instant slimming (no diet necessary)

What makes you unhappy?
It's really cheesey but I hate seeing homeless people and I always get teary when underprivileged kids are on TV

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Oooh good one. The bird that David Attenborough has a giant egg for - the Elephant Bird

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Well, I would like it to be someone un-established so in theory, I would launch their career or Kelly Osborne

What's your most unappealing habit?
Waffling

What is your favourite smell?
Black/purple grape sweets from Japan

What is your favourite word?
Bubble

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
The Silk Spectre

Is it better to give or to receive?
I love buying Christmas and birthday presents so giving

What do you owe your parents?
Dad = money
Mum = time

What is the love of your life?
Richard - he's my best friend and my boyfriend

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Richard and some people from work - no celebs (well, Sam Cooke could do the tunes)

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
'cool', 'cool beans' and 'coolio'

What is the worst job you've done?
Working in retail is awful but I really hated a particular place in Norwich

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
I don't think I would go too far back but I would like to have seen the moon landing on TV in 1969

When did you last cry and why?
About 2 months ago, watching Polanski's The Pianist

How do you relax?
I love playing video games, watching films and reading, I find it really relaxing

What is your signature dish?
I do a good roast dinner, particularly roast pork

What was your most memorable Christmas present?
SNES, we had a Commodore 64 before that and a NES but the SNES was the best present ever

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Either falling over in Norwich and hearing the people behind me laughing or when Frank Skinner ripped my hair on national TV!

What is the closest you've ever come to death?
I fell over in year 5 and cut through my radial (I think) artery. I had 9 hours of micro-surgery and nearly lost my arm. Also, last year my dad and I were driving back near from Dover and we drove through a tornado. The white van in front of us was taken into the air and thrown across two lanes of traffic.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Passing my driving test

What song would you like played at your funeral?
Something by Sam Cooke or Johnny Cash?  Although, I have to say I don't care all that much

How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who was happy and helpful and never too bossy (but I need to work on the latter)

Tell us a joke.
Did you hear about the magic tractor?
It turned into a field.

No comments:

Post a Comment