Tuesday 21 December 2010

Q&A Sonia


When were you happiest?
As the future is unwritten, I create fabulous ones in my mind and this keeps me happy all the time.  
What is your greatest fear?
Frogs
What is your earliest memory?
Hiding under cupboards and tables where I could create my own world.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Worrying about unimportant stuff
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfishness
Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
$A1000 for a Sony CD player in 1987 which isn’t the most expensive thing but it seemed a lot for a CD player then and it still does.
What is your most treasured possession?
My grandmother’s engagement ring
What would your superpower be?
To fly
What makes you unhappy?
Knowing I’ll never have enough time in this life to accomplish all that I want to.
If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Good manners
Who would play you in the film of your life?
Toni Collette
What’s your most unappealing habit?
None of your business
What is your favourite smell?
Jasmine at dawn
What is your favourite word?
Bodhisattva
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
A can-can outfit
Is it better to give or to receive?
To give is to receive
What do you owe your parents?
They gave me the freedom to fly away so I owe them a share in my life’s adventures
What is the love of your life?
My husband
Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Polymaths and free spirits; Francesca di Mosto, Andrew Graham-Dixon, Kevin McCleod, Joan Bakewell, Jane Digby, Vasari, Picasso, Geoff Dyer and Stephen Fry.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Bloody hell!
What is the worst job you’ve done?
Handling phone complaints at a telesales company (2 days was enough).
If you could go back in time, where would you go?
So many places but if I had to choose just one it would be Athens in the 3rd century BC.
When did you last cry and why?
I cry all the time, I’m a big softy.
How do you relax?
With the Guardian and a coffee on a Saturday morning.
What is the closest you’ve ever come to death?
Crashing a raft in Northern Thailand
What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Loving life
What song would you like played at your funeral?
Smile (by Charlie Chaplin, not Lily Allen) or Clouds by Joni Mitchell
How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who gave more than she took.

No comments:

Post a Comment